Kamal hassan at FICCI-FRAMES inauguration
Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma smiles during the inauguration of FICCI Frames in Mumbai, India, Wednesday, March 23, 2011. FICCI, or the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry, Frames is an annual film and media conference held in Mumbai.
Anushka Sharma at FICCI-FRAMES inauguration
Scar on the skin is a common problem and may occur due to various reasons. Once a scar is formed, it is very difficult to remove it and if left unattended for long will become permanent. However, it may be made less visible with some simple remedies which can speed up the process.
Getting Rid Of Scars With Home Remedies :
- Take a ripe banana, peel and mash it. Apply the pulp all over the face and leave it for 10 minutes and wash regularly. It is an effective home remedy for scars.
- Take a few mint leaves and crush them and extract its juice. Apply it all over your face. It’s a very good remedy for spots, blemishes and helps lighten scars.
- Drink plenty of water to keep your skin healthy, it also helps to remove all the toxins from the body and helps lighten old scars.
- Avoid excessive amounts of sugar and take a well balanced diet containing plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Include good source of Vitamin K in your diet. Take green leafy vegetables, such as spinach, green cabbage, turnip, greens, broccoli, tomatoes, liver and lean meats and dairy products.
- Do not wash face with soap and water. Wash it in the morning and night with lukewarm salty water.
- Rub raw garlic on the scars at least 2 to 3 times a day, helps minimize scars.
- Powdered neem leaves when mixed with water and applied as a pack helps all sorts of skin problems and very effective in removing scars.
- A mixture of sandalwood paste helps reduce the intensity of scars if started early.
- Rubbing your skin with ice cubes at least thrice a day helps to tighten the skin and lighten scars.
- You can use cucumber and lemon juice on your scars. This is another good home remedy for scars
- Vitamin E oil when applied on the scarred skin may do wonders for your skin.
- To prevent deepening of the scars, apply aloe Vera gel or cod liver oil on the scars regularly .
- Applying cocoa butter, tea tree oil or honey is also a good remedy in getting rid of the scars.
- Put 1-2 drops of lavender essential oil on a cotton ball and apply on the scars regularly.
- Make green tea, soak a cotton ball and apply on the scar to help it heal faster.