Daily and regular exercises tone up your muscles and improve your blood circulation. Doing exercises and eating less is the best way to lose weight permanently. Half an hour of strenuous exercises burns up 100 calories only. But doing exercises regularly will have a better effect and more fat can be burnt. Apart from exercise, if you want to lose weight quickly you have to take in less calories than your body needs. For this you have get rid of all the high calorie foods in your kitchen with healthier options like fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, nuts, whole wheat products etc.
Here are a few simple basic exercises that can be done at home :
General tone-up exercises :
- Stand on your toes in an open door way and raise both your hands upward and mark a point four inches above your finger-tips. Jump up to touch this point daily at-least 10 to 15 times daily.
- Lie face downwards across a chair, with thighs on the chair and hands resting on the floor. Now bend your arms to bring your face to the floor and come back to the position. Repeat 10 times daily.
- Stand in a doorway with feet together, your hands touching the door jamb at either side. Now bend at the knees and touch the floor with your fingers and come back to original position. Repeat 10 times.
All these exercises should be done continuously for 30 minutes every day and will surely help you lose at-least 600 calories per week.
Waist reducing exercise :
Stand with feet apart and start with arms down at the sides with palm downwards. Bend sideways to the right, at the same time stretch out your left arm sideways and up and over the side of the head. Return to standing position and repeat similar movements while bending sideways to the left.
You can try doing 20 times for each hands daily.
Stomach Reducing Exercise :
- Lie on the floor, flat on your back, arms by your sides with palm upwards, legs together and fully stretched. Raise the legs a few inches from the floor, and move the legs up and down past each other like the blades of a pair of scissors. Try doing at least 20 counts.
- Lie down on your stomach, while you face the ground. Raise your head and feet simultaneously, and let your arms remain at your sides. Hold this position ad long as possible and then relax. Start with 10 counts and increase little be little after a few days.
- Lie flat bend your knees, place your hands behind your head and see that feet and lower back are flat on the floor. Lift body upwards slightly and come down. Don’t bring your elbows close together when you lift your body off the floor. Try doing 10 crunches each time and 4 to 5 sets daily.